SADHANA... the dedicated practice of turning inward to achieve a transformation in one's inner state. Learn how...
The Art of Living Through Yoga
Yoga is a way of life that transforms the physical, mental and pranic body leading to change in the entire outlook of life. In yoga we practice being strong and steady with our breath, body, and mind. We use poses to go deeper within our body and our body to experience everything within ourselves.
- Yoga is for every body.
- Yoga is your personal experience tailor made for your body.
- Yoga is about detoxing the body and mind to live a long, healthy life.
- Yoga is about finding balance and peace for well-being.
- Yoga is an inward practice.
Our goal is to share practices that promote connection, growth, healing, and discovery of the higher self through the self. We use yoga to turn inward, diving deep below the tissues to the essence of our being for self-realization and discovery. We draw on an array of yoga disciplines to tailor a practice that aligns with your needs and desires on and off the mat.
- Vinyasa Flow
- Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Therapy
Scientific Benefits of Yoga
Researchers have been studying the benefits of yoga for decades. They have found that yoga has benefits that combat chronic diseases, improve our health and quality of life.
- Yoga reduces fatigue, improves general health and regulates the stress hormone, Cortisol
- Yoga increases vitality, improves mood, and reduces inflammation
- Yoga reduces the risk of coronary heart disease, Type 2 Diabetes, arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease
- Yoga improves cardiovascular, circulatory, and respiratory health
- Curbs chronic neck and lower back pain
- Sharpens the brain
- Controls diabetes
- Staves off stress and anxiety
- Decreases depression
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- Promotes positive self-perception
- Lengthens lifespan and youth
- Reduces PMS
- Increases flexibility
- Increases muscle strength and tone
- Helps to balance metabolism
- Promotes weight reduction
- Helps to improve sleep
- Yoga is therapeutic treatment for mood disorders, PTSD, trauma, cancer, and grief.
- Bergland, Christopher. Mar 04, 2014. Yoga has potent health benefits. Psychology Today. Accessed on Jan 6, 2019. Available at https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201403/yoga-has-potent-health-benefits
- Goyanes, Cristina. June 8, 2015. 10 Science Supported Health Benefits of Yoga. Sonima. Accessed on Jan 6, 2019. Available from https://www.sonima.com/yoga/health-benefits-of-yoga/
- The Benefits of Yoga. American Osteopathic Association. Accessed on Jan 6, 2019. Available from https://osteopathic.org/what-is-osteopathic-medicine/benefits-of-yoga/.